DAAC (District Academic Advisory Council)
Every school district in the State of Texas is required to establish a committee that regularly meets to plan for the improvement of student performance. In Pflugerville ISD, this committee is called the District Academic Advisory Council, or DAAC. The role of the DAAC is primarily advisory and consultative in nature, and:
- assists in the development, review, revision of the district plan
- reviews major district-wide classroom instructional programs identified by the Board, Superintendent, or his/her designee
- reviews student performance
- reviews drop-out information
- approves portions of the district plan dealing with teacher training
The DAAC meets approximately four times a year. All meetings begin at 4:30 p.m., in the Pflugerville Administration Building Board Room. After each meeting, minutes are posted on the District’s website. Agendas are set by the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction, Dr. Annette Villerot the chair of the DAAC, with input from the DAAC committee.
To receive additional information or to join DAAC, please contact Amy Quintana at 512-594-0196, or your campus principal.