January 2017Balance Life through Counseling Topics
Group Topics (Group availability is selected by counselor based on amount of need. If group is unavailable, counselor can work with a student individually):
Cool Cougar Cubs: Learn how to control your anger in positive, non-violent ways.All about Me: Learn how to feel better about yourself and proud of who you are.
- Banana Splits: Parents separated or divorced? So many toppings in new families so together with some common experiences we are discussing family changes and learning from other students about what helps when family changes are occurring.
- Royalty: Need help making and keeping friends? Learn how to get along with others, start, and maintain friendships.
- Good Grief: If you have lost someone, learn the five stages of grief and how to cope.
- Moving On Junior High Jitters: Are you nervous about junior high? Change is tough and scary sometimes -- but junior high has a lot to offer! Talk about what the changes will be, what to expect, and how to make the most of this transition.
- Personal Space Camp: An on-going group for students who need additional assistance with personal space and appropriate touching/playing. Staff and/or parents make a "camp" referral for follow up from our classroom guidance lesson using the book by Julia Cook "Personal Space Camp".
- Marvelous Me!: Transitions bring on lots of changes - new friends, new routines -- changes, changes, changes! Share and receive support in your transition to be motivated with campus staff, mentors and touching base with the counselor for an opportunity to ask questions, share stories, and meet people who will help you down the road to making Copperfield feel like home...because Cougar CUBS Rock!
- Superstar Students: All students are stars and some need help organizing, managing, and completing their work to maintain their "shine"! Assistance with school work, organization at school and home, and celebrating successes is what we do with our Superstars!
- Girl World: For support in all that is "girl" - relationships, body changes, groups/cliques, and more!
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Self care support in all inspiration and motivation of self confidence issues.