The Pflugerville Independent School District, under policy GKDA (LOCAL), will consider requests to distribute all nonschool literature and/or information intended for multiple recipients on District premises.
- All flyers distributed in Pflugerville ISD must include the following disclaimer printed at the bottom:
“Approval of distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement of such services, activities, and/or products by the Pflugerville Independent School District.”
- Flyers will not be approved until two weeks after the start date of school, the week prior to the winter holidays, the first week of the second semester or the last three weeks of school.
- The flyer should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved organization submitting the flyer. No fundraising/event announcements are allowed from groups outside the school, unless there is a direct educational value to students and/or school.
- Flyer distribution requests are for a one-time distribution approval only and will be approved for distribution only one time per semester. Flyers must be distributed no later than two weeks after approval date.
- Flyers must reflect activities or programs that would interest students or be for their well being. Flyers with little or no educational value will not be approved.
- If at any time it is determined that previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
- The "Request to Distribute Flyers" form and a copy of the flyer should either be faxed to: 512-594-0091 or emailed to:Rhonda.Pegoda@pfisd.net, with Flyer Distribution Request in the Subject Line.
- Flyers for Pflugerville ISD staff will be posted in the campus workroom ONLY. No flyers/materials will be placed in staff boxes.
- Once approved: Bundle the flyers into groups of up to 50 per campus. If you want them to go to specific campuses, please label the name of each on the bundle. Campus names can be found here. The approved and bundled flyers will then need to be delivered to our central mail facility for delivery to campuses.
- Please note that the final decision concerning flyer distribution and the manner in which flyers are distributed is at the principal’s discretion.
Methods of Distribution
Two categories of entities or organizations are approved to distribute printed materials to students: 1) entities approved to distribute materials individually to students, and 2) entities approved to make materials available to students.
Entities or Organizations Approved to Distribute Materials Individually to Students.
Personal copies of printed materials from entities or organizations in this category will be distributed to each student by school staff or sent to parents/guardians through student folders. Entities or organizations in this category include the following:
- Organizations affiliated with the district. These are limited to the following: PTO/PTA, booster clubs, Pflugerville Education Foundation, and teacher organizations; and
- Entities under contractual agreements with the District, such as portrait photographers, suppliers of graduation materials, etc.
- Non-sports-related youth clubs or organizations (i.e. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts)
- Those supported by local tax dollars, such as the City of Pflugerville, City of Austin, and Travis County;
- Exception: See “Contest Information” below.
Entities Approved to Make Materials Available to Students/Parents.
Printed materials from entities or organizations in this category will be placed in an area designated by the principal and made available to students/parents. An announcement that the materials are available in the designated area may be made at the principal’s discretion. Entities or organizations in this category include the following:
- U.S. Armed Forces Recruiters; and
- Organizations sponsoring contests in alignment with approved district curriculum. (See "Contest Information" additional guidelines below.)
Before printed information about a contest can be made available to students, the contest must:
- Support District curriculum, and
- Be free to participants, and
- Be approved by the Community Relations and Partnerships Department.
Free or Non-Conditional Coupons: Campus administrators may accept coupons appropriate for students that offer a completely free item (no conditions of purchase) to use as academic rewards or incentives for students. Example: Students who read 20 books during the school year will receive a coupon for a free ice cream sundae at a local restaurant.
Discount or Conditional Coupons: The District does not allow the distribution of discount or conditional coupons to students. Examples: 25% off admission; Save $1 on the purchase of an ice cream sundae
NOTE: This exclusion also applies to coupons that offer a free item or discount with the purchase of another item. (One free kid’s meal with the purchase of one adult meal; Free drink with the purchase of a sandwich.)
Questions should be directed to Rhonda Pegoda by e-mail at email@example.com or 512-594-0090. Please allow two (2) working days for processing from date of receipt of request.