Financial Aid Help (FAFSA & TASFA)
“There are many options available to our seniors with regard to financing their higher education,” Laura Carlin-Gonzalez, director of college and career readiness, said. “We want to offer any and all assistance needed to ensure every student who wants to attend an institution of higher learning has the opportunity to do so.”Financial Aid Saturday events offer free help filing college aid applications for grants, scholarships, and more!
Completing and submitting the FAFSA is free and quick, and it gives students access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school. In addition, many states and colleges use FAFSA data to determine a student’s eligibility for state and school aid, and some private financial aid providers use FAFSA information to determine whether students qualify for their aid.What is needed to complete the FAFSA?Families will need copies of multiple documents in order to complete the FAFSA in its entirety: FAFSA Document Checklist. Prior to beginning the FAFSA process, families should create and FSA ID. To create an FSA ID:
- October 14, 2017– Pflugerville HS, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- October 21, 2017– Hendrickson HS, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- October 28, 2017– Connally HS, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
1. Log into fafsa.gov and click the FSA ID link to create an FSA ID.
2. Create a username and password, and enter your e-mail address.
3. Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
4. If you have a Federal Student Aid PIN, you will be able to enter it and link it to your FSA ID. You can still create an FSA ID if you have forgotten or do not have a PIN.
5. Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
6. Confirm your e-mail address using the secure code, which will be sent to the e-mail address you entered when you created your FSA ID. Once you verify your e-mail address, you can use it instead of your username to log in to the websites.
You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away. Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, or if you have linked your PIN to your FSA ID, you will be able to use your FSA ID to access the websites listed above. For help, visit StudentAid.gov/fsaid.For more information or assistance with completing financial aid documents, please contact the Transition Counselor at the appropriate campus.