Teacher Loan Forgiveness ProgramDo you have student loan debt? Is your debt made up of federal loans? (ex. Stafford, Perkins, etc.)If so, you may qualify for student loan forgiveness from one or more of the programs below.1. Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness ProgramEducators must complete five full school years at Title I-eligible schools to apply for this program. Review the Texas Education Agency website for an eligibility questionnaire.These PfISD campuses meet the 40% low socioeconomic status required for a Title I, Part A Schoolwide Program during the 2019-2020 school year:
Brookhollow Elementary Pflugerville Elementary Caldwell Elementary Pflugerville High Cele Middle Pflugerville Middle Connally High River Oaks Elementary Copperfield Elementary Ruth Barron Elementary Dearing Elementary Springhill Elementary Delco Elementary Timmerman Elementary Dessau Elementary Weiss High Dessau Middle Westview Middle Northwest Elementary Wieland Elementary Park Crest Middle Windermere Elementary Parmer Lane Elementary2. Teach for Texas Loan Repayment Program3. Public Service Loan Forgiveness
4. Federal Perkins Loan Program
- For non-teaching staff
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Requires 120 separate on-time payments during 10 years of qualifying employment
- May qualify for cancellation of Federal Perkins Loan
- Check US Department of Education’s Student Aid
- Federal Student Aid from Office of U.S. Department of Education
5. Math and Science Scholars Loan Repayment Program
- For teachers who demonstrated high academic achievement as math or science teachers & teach math or science
- Must teach 8 years in public school, the first four of which are at a Texas public school that receives funding under Title I, Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965
- Math & Science Scholars Loan Repayment Program
For more information on loan forgiveness, visit the Texas Education Agency website or contact Director of Federal Programs Christy Fox at 512-594-0106.
- Review your eligibility
- Complete necessary documents
- Contact Human Resources' Jake Brearton, Certification Specialist to obtain necessary signatures and employment verification
- Spread the word!
For additional information, please refer to the Federal Student Aid website.