Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.
Welcome to the page of the Pflugerville Falcons!
The Rumble in the 'Ville has been rescheduled to Nov. 14 at HHS! See flyer below for details.
Pflugerville students participate in sporting events throughout the school year. To compete in Special Olympics, students must be at least 8 years old and have an intellectual or developmental disability. Athletes will participate in the following events this fall:
- Aquatics – Sept. 16 – Nitro Swim; 15506 D Hwy 71 West, Bee Cave
- Golf – Sept. 24 – Balcones Country Club; 8600 Balcones Club Drive, Austin
- Fall Classic – Oct. 18-20 - State Competition for Golf and Aquatics, College Station
- Bowling – Nov. 2-4 – Dart Bowl; 5700 Grover Ave, Austin and Highland Lanes; 8909 Burnet Road, Austin
- Flag Football – Nov. 10 – Garrison Park; 6001 Manchaca Road, Austin
If your student is interested in Special Olympics, view and complete forms below. The forms cover all sports our Falcon athletes participate in, and include eligibility requirements for our program.
- Special Olympics Introductory Letter
- Special Olympics Eligibility and Expectations Form
- Falcon Code of Conduct
- Special Olympics Texas Athlete Code of Conduct
- Special Olympics Texas Family Code of Conduct
For more information about the program at PfISD, contact the Special Olympics Coordinator:
- Amy Wiesenhutter
Volunteers are welcome! To become a Special Olympics volunteer, visit the Get Involved page of the Special Olympics Texas website.
Amy Wiesenhutter - Lead 512-594-9610 Laura Bachtel 512-594-9613 512-594-9614 Twyla Allen 512-594-9611 Todd Denman 512-594-9612 Michael Gough 512-594-9615
Read more about programs and training for local athletes on the Special Olympics Texas website.
Please join us Nov. 14 at the Hendrickson High School main gym for the annual Rumble in the ‘Ville flag football game benefiting the Pflugerville Falcons Special Olympics program.
The Falcons take on the Pflugerville Police Department. Game time is 6:30 p.m., with admission ranging from $2 (students) to $5 (adults).
Hendrickson High School is located at 19201 Colorado Sand Drive, Pflugerville.
The Special Olympics mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for persons 8 years of age and older with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympic athletes and the community.