What does a school social worker do?
Alexandria Anderson is in her fourth year as a school social worker in Pflugerville ISD and loves working with students and families at Westview Middle School. After completing her bachelor’s degree in Spanish from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, she went on to earn her Master of Science in Social Work (MSSW) from the University of Texas at Austin. Ms. Anderson provides the following services to students and families:
• Crisis intervention counseling• Individual counseling
• Group counseling
• Basic needs assistance (school supplies, emergency clothing/food/housing assistance)
• Advocacy for students and families
• Home visits
• Mental health education
• Community referrals
• Parent support and education
• Consultation and collaboration
I am on campus Tuesdays and Thursdays and am located in the Stage office - ext. 42289
Anyone can make a referral to Ms. Anderson. Please contact her for more information!
Alexandria Anderson, LMSWSchool Social Worker
Westview Middle School