DMS Library/Media CenterMission Statement
Create a community of life-long learners
who effectively utilize multiple forms of information
and find enjoyment in the printed word.
- Librarian: Kimberly Pinkham
Address & Direct Phone Line
- 12900 Dessau Road, Austin, TX 78754, 512-594-2671
- Monday - Friday 7:40 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Open from 7:40 - 8:05 a.m. on most mornings, unless there is a Faculty Meeting or training in the library. This is a time for students to read quietly, check out books, or work on homework.
- Open during each lunch unless the library is already being used by a class. Students need to get a library pass from the principal on duty at lunch to leave the cafeteria.
- Click here for Follett Destiny (library catalog) Home
- Follow instructions for logging in.
- Students may check out a maximum of two books or one book and one magazine.
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks; magazines are checked out for 3 school days.
- A book drop is located outside the library in B-Hall for returning books in a hurry.
- A fine of 10¢ per day is charged on an item turned in after its due date. Weekends and school holidays are not counted. There is a 3 day grace period (books that are 1,2 or 3 days late are not charged, but on the 4th day, the computer calculates a 40 cent fine).
- A student with an overdue item or who owes a fine will not be allowed to check out additional items.
- A student must pay for damaged or lost items checked out in his/her name.
- Items with a yellow "library use only" sticker are not checked out to students, but students may use them in the library.