1. What time does school start?
School (classes) begin at 7:40 a.m.
2. What time is a student considered tardy?
Students must be in their classrooms by 7:40 a.m.
3. How does being tardy affect my child?
When a student enters class after the teacher has begun instruction, he he/she misses out on instruction. Also, if a child has three tardies within a grading period, he/she will not be recognized for perfect attendance even though no absences have occurred.
4. How are birthdays celebrated at Rowe Lane Elementary?
We recognize that birthdays are an important date for the elementary aged child. Students’ names are read during the morning announcements; they then can come to the office and receive a birthday ribbon.
5. Can I bring gifts, balloons, cupcakes, cookies, or cakes to school for my child’s birthday?
Gifts and balloons are not allowed in the classroom as these may cause a distraction to classroom learning. We prefer that cupcakes be brought to share with the class. This year cupcakes need to be taken to the classroom teacher as these food items cannot be passed out in the cafeteria. The State of Texas does not allow Foods of Minimal Nutritional Value (FMNV) to be given to students during the lunch period. The teacher will determine when during the school day the cupcakes will be given to the students.
6. Can my child pass out birthday invitations at school?
If your child includes every student in the classroom, invitations can be passed out at school. The office can supply you with a list of student names.
7. What type of shoes does my child need for P.E.?
Students at RLE need to have closed-toe shoes for participation in our P.E. program (ex: athletic, tennis shoe, or sneaker). Students are very active during this time and need sturdy shoes to protect their feet. This requirement is now a part of the new PISD Dress Code that is included in the RLE Student/Parent Handbook provided by the school.
8. Can I come eat lunch with my child?
Yes, we have tables reserved for parent/student lunches in the front foyer. Class lunch schedules
9. Can I invite other students from my class to eat with me and my child?
Unless you have written permission from that child's parent/guardian, no other children can eat in the front area.
10. How can I contact my child's teacher?
If you call during the teacher's conference time, you will be transferred directly to the classroom; if not, you can leave a message (voice mail or note in mailbox). Conference times and voice mail numbers can be found on the staff page of this website. You can also contact the teacher using e-mail.
11. What should I do if my child is sick and misses school?
Each time a child is absent, a note should be sent to school with them on the day they return. This should be a parent or doctor note with the following information: (1) child's name, (2) actual date(s) of absence(s), and (3) reason for the absence(s).
12. How can I find out if the school will be closed due to bad weather?
- All major television networks (Channels 7, 24. 36, 42 and news 8 Austin) will be notified of school closings.
- The PISD's Public Information line will be utilized to announce school closings and emergency information. The number is (512) 594-0001.
- Pflugerville ISD will post school closings on the website at www.pfisd.net.
- Also, all Clear channels receive this information; these include KVET, KASE, KKMJ and KLBJ.