Panther Swimmers - Making Waves!Posted by Heike Cook at 11/13/2017 3:15:00 PM
Pflugerville Swim Team - Making Waves!
PHS Swim Team took a limited number of swimmers to the Belton Non TISCA meet on 11/10/2017 (many qualified for TISCA and therefore were not eligible). Following are their results:
Lynna Benhamou and Adriana Medina represented the Lady Panthers. Lynna placed 5th in the 100 yard Breaststroke and 7th in the 50 freestyle. She scored 26 points.
Men’s tied for 5th with 86 points. John Henry Mejia was first in the 200 Individual Medley. He was also 3rd in the 100 Butterfly. He scored a total of 36 points. Frank Trujillo Sanchez was 6th in the 50 freestyle and 4th in the 100 freestyle. He scored 28 points. Duncan Arnold placed First in the 500 freestyle and 15th in the 50 freestyle. Total points 22.
Congratulations to all our PHS Swimmers!
PHS Choir Invites You To Attend Their Fall ConcertPosted by Heike Cook at 11/7/2017 2:20:00 PM
The PHS Choirs will be performing their Fall Concert ,
Tues Nov 7th, at 7:00pm in the FAC.
We hope to see you there!!
Speech and Debate - Representing the PridePosted by Heike Cook at 11/6/2017
The first two months of the year has been busy for the PHS Speech and Debate team! Here are the results for the past two tournaments:
* Senior Hoden Abdi-Yusuf won 1st in Lincoln-Douglas Debate and earned 6 TFA state points
* Freshman Coltrane Drexler won Outstanding Debater Award in LD Debate and advanced to Quarterfinals earning 2 TFA state points . Coltrane also placed 4th in Domestic Extemp and earned 6 points toward TFA state. He now is only 2 points away from qualifying!
* Freshman Joseph Garza placed 5th in Foreign Extemp and earned 1 TFA state point
* Junior Erin Lucio won 1st in Poetry Interpretation
* Junior Diana Allison placed 5th in Original Oratory and earned 1 TFA state point
* Junior Hadis Askari placed 7th in Original Oratory
* Sophomore Calanee O'Dell placed 4th in Prose Interpretation and 5th in Poetry Interpretation
* Junior Ashton Rios placed 4th in Program Interpretation and 4th in Dramatic Interpretation and earned 2 TFA state points in each event
Bowie Tournament (11/5)
* Ashton placed 6th in Program Interpretation and earned another TFA state point bringing him only 5 points away from qualifying to the state tournament.
* Joseph Garza advanced to semi-finals in Foreign Extemp and earned a TFA state point.
The Speech and Debate team continues to improve with each passing week! Our next competition will be this Friday and Saturday at Cedar Ridge High School. Stay tuned for more updates!
A Message to All Parents of Seniors Who Are Being Announced At Tonight's Pregame CeremoniesPosted by Heike Cook at 11/3/2017 9:00:00 AM
PHS Senior Night Pre-Game Activities: Parents of seniors that are being announced at tonight's pregame ceremonies should meet at Gate B at 6 pm and walk on to the field with their student. After the ceremony, parents should exit Gate B and return to the stands thru the front gates in order to purhase a ticket (6:30 p-6:45 p). Go Panthers!
PHS Theatre Arts Department PerformancePosted by Heike Cook at 11/1/2017 6:00:00 PM
Please join us as the
PHS Theatre Arts Department performs
Thursday, 11/2 and Saturday, 11/4
in the PHS Fine Arts Center
Tickets are on sale one hour prior to each show in the FAC box office.
PHS Coffee Talks - Providing information for ParentsPosted by Heike Cook at 10/31/2017 5:00:00 PM
The counseling department at PHS is offering a series of Coffee Talks this school year. These talks are intended to be an an informal gathering of parents and school counselors to provide information on topics that are relevant to families.
All meetings will be held in the PHS Lecture Hall and will run from 8:15 am - 8:45 am.
November 29th - Transcript 101
December 13th - College Admissions Testing 101
January 24th - Understanding College Costs and Financial Aid
February 21st - Finding Balance: How to balance school, extra-curriculars and life
March 28th - Anxiety: What are the signs and how to handle it
April 25th - Road to College: A guide for what to do each year of high school
Hope to see you there!
PHS Swim Team - Representing with HonorPosted by Heike Cook at 10/30/2017 12:00:00 PM
The Pflugerville swim team competed at the highly competitive Round Rock Invitational Meet on Saturday. The Panthers performed well.
The Men’s Team finished 8th with a total of 18 points
* Kovi Reid medaled with a 3rd place in the 100 Backstroke
* Justin Schaefer medaled with a 2nd place in the 500 Freestyle and also Placed 4th in the 200 Individual Medley! He scored a total of 12 points and was High Point Swimmer on the Mens Team and overall for Pflugerville.
Lady Panther Swimmers
The Lady Panther Swimmers came in 5th and scored 24 points total.
* Rylee Worley placed 5th in the 100 Freestyle scoring a total of 4 points.
* Nicole Willis Medaled in the 200 Individual Medley placing 3rd and placed 8th in the 100 Butterfly scoring a total of 7 points
*Natalie Willis placed 5th in the Individual Medley. She also Placed 4th in the 500 Freestyle and scored a total of 9 points to lead all Women Scorers.
The 200 Free Relay was 7th overall - Members included: K. Good, R. Worley, Natalie and Nicole Willis.
Congratulations to all the swimmers and to the entire PHS Swim Community for a great job this weekend.
A special shout out to our Most Valuable Person: Ms. Gambrell of Kelly Lane for supporting the PHS team and helping with Chemistry Tutorials on the Deck and in the cold.
Free & Reduced Meals Applications and the Benefits that Come with It!Posted by Heike Cook at 10/24/2017 2:00:00 PM
Free & Reduced Meals Applications and the Added Benefits - Everyone is encouraged to apply!
Children need healthy and nutritious meals to learn and grow. Pflugerville ISD schools offer healthy meals every school day. You can now apply online for free or reduced priced meals for your children for the 2018 school year. Please note: Students must reapply each school year to keep receiving the benefits.
Pflugerville ISD is utilizing the online free and reduced applications exclusively to determine eligibility for the 2018 school year (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018). These online applications aim to reduce processing and notification times, while reducing carbon footprint. Please click on the blue links below to begin the application process.
Vietnamese: Tiến Trình Làm Đơn Bắt Đầu
Fill-out the form completely. For more information regarding the online application system, please contact Food Services at 512-594-0430.
- Breakfast entrées with up to two fruit sides and milk
- Lunch entrées, with up to two fruit sides, two vegetable sides and milk
- Two waivers for SAT fees
- Four additional SAT score reports
- SAT online course, discount $40.00
- Two waivers for ACT fees
- Four college application waivers
- Free Transcripts
A la carte items (packaged food products) are excluded, these include:
- Bottled beverages
PfISD Charge Policy
Students are allowed to charge reimbursable meals up to $6 for elementary & secondary students before being offered an alternative meal. Alternative meals will be charged to student’s account.
Please ensure you student has sufficient funds in their account, or are approved for the USDA National School Lunch (and breakfast) program.
Questions? Please contact: PfISD Food Services (512) 594-0430
Open House this Wednesday, September 13Posted by Heike Cook at 9/11/2017 10:00:00 AM
Open house will be this Wednesday, September 13th.
Munchiez Food Truck will be available at the front of the school starting at 5 pm. Click HERE for a copy of their menu.
Please join us at 6 pm in the large gym for the Welcome Session, Meet the Panthers, and Title 1 announcements. Once the welcome session is complete, parents and students will follow the student's schedule for 10 minute "meet the teacher" sessions.
For a detailed schedule, please click HERE!
Hope to see you there!