CHS places in regional German contest
February 13, 2017
Connally High School captured fifth place overall among large schools at Sprachfest, the annual South and Central Texas Regional German Contest at the University of Texas at San Antonio on Saturday, Feb. 4.
More than 450 students in 22 schools registered for the event. The Large Schools category included those with at least 100 students enrolled in German classes.
The top five winners in each category advance to the Texas State German Contest, taking place Feb. 25 at Texas State University in San Marcos.
Connally students who placed in the top five in individual events were:
• First place – Doll Costume: Samantha Miller
• First place – Needlework: Samantha Miller
• Second place – Scavenger Hunt: Kaleb Acosta, Angelica Albarracin, Nicole Otutu, Brian Vu
• Second place – Shirt Design: Angelica Albarracin, Mahek Mumtaz
• Third place – Duet Acting Level 2: Angelica Albarracin, Mahek Mumtaz
• Third place – Prose Reading Level 2: Angelica Albarracin
• Third place – Sight Reading Level 3: Brian Vu
• Third place – Skit Level 2: Kaleb Acosta, Samantha Miller, Joshua Van Syckle
• Third place – Photo Essay: Chris Blount, April Castaneda, Daijahna Hardy
• Fourth place – Prose Reading Level 1: Sara Raymund
• Fourth place – Prose Reading Level 2: Leandra Contreras
• Fourth place – Original Model: Brian Vu
• Fifth place – Spelling Level 3: Brian Vu
• Fifth place – Culture Level 2: Samantha Miller
• Fifth place – Prose Reading Level 3: Brian Vu
• Fifth place – Poster Design: Elizabeth Resendiz