At Wieland Elementary, we ask our parents to do the following to support our school:
· Monitor attendance and report to the school promptly any absence from school.
· Assist child with homework.
· Maintain open communication with school staff.
· Volunteer in the classroom or at school events when possible.
· Participate in decisions relating to child’s education.
· Promote positive use of child’s extracurricular time.
· Serve on school planning or policy committees, to the extent possible.
· Attend parent meetings and/or trainings.
· Teach child how to show respect for self, teachers and peers.
· Collaborate with school personnel in solving discipline problems related to child.