PfISD is now open to Out-of-District Transfers!
*Contact the PfISD Student Affairs office at 512-594-0046 to get started with enrolling in PfISD schools.
Pf..IS..Definitely The Right Choice
There's been a lot of talk about school choice. When you consider all of the factors that go into that choice, you'll see that PfISD is the real choice! Other schools may promise a lot, but PfISD delivers where it counts.
Pre-K gives PfISD students the best start!
PfISD is one of the only public school districts in the area that provides a full-day Prekindergarten program at every elementary or primary campus. Why does that matter? Because kindergarten readiness is one of the key indicators of long-term student success - higher reading and math scores, improved attendance, and higher graduation rates.
With our Pre-K program, all teachers are fully certified Texas educators, and our classes average an 11-to-1 adult to student ratio. More than 92 percent of our Pre-K students are enrolled at the "home" campus where they will attend elementary school. That means they'll be well-adjusted when they come back for kindergarten and beyond.
So, with PfiSD's Pre-K program, getting a head start means getting the best start.
Our students score well!
- PfISD was named to the AP Honor Roll in 2015 and 2016.
- $1.8 million in college tuition was saved by PfISD students through enrollment in AP classes
Diversity is our strength!
- PfISD is the most diverse school district in the Austin area and the #3 most diverse district in Texas according to Niche.com.
- 56 languages are spoken in PfISD. Our multilingual programs provide rich learning opportunities for both English and non-English-speaking students.
Our teachers are tops!
- 10.7 - Average years of experience of PfISD teachers*
- 5.7 - Average years of experience of Texas charter school teachers*
Our students finish what they start!
- 97.3% - Graduation rate achieved by 2016 PfISD graduates, well above the state average of 90.4% and the charter school average of 61.8%.*
Our students show up!
- 95.6% - Student attendance in PfISD in 2016-17, well above the state average
*According to Texas Education Agency
Open campuses for the 2019-2020 school year:
Connally High School
Hendrickson High School
Pflugerville High School
Weiss High School
Dessau Middle School
Park Crest Middle School
Pflugerville Middle School
Westview Middle School
Highland Park Elementary
Parmer Lane Elementary
River Oaks Elementary
Spring Hill Elementary