You have found thePFLUGERVILLE HIGH SCHOOLPAGE FOR ATTENDANCE.ATTENDANCE IT COUNTS
When picking your student up early from school, please sign your student out at the attendance window in the main hallway. If you are sending a friend or family member, they must be listed on your student’s emergency contact list in order to sign them out. If they are not on the list, they will not be allowed to sign them out. Anyone signing a student out must show a photo ID or the student will not be released from class. Because our final bell rings at 4:15 pm, students cannot be checked out after 4 pm.
If a student is returning from a doctor’s appointment, the student will need to sign in at the attendance window and turn in the doctor’s note to the window attendant. If a student arrives late to school for any reason other than a doctor’s appointment, they will be directed to the tardy window to receive a tardy slip. Our school messenger will call you when your student is absent for a class period. You can verify which class period your student missed through the Skyward parent portal. If you have questions regarding your student being counted absent for a class period, please contact your student’s teacher for that class period. The teacher will either forward a correction to the attendance office or explain why your student was not in class.
A student is considered absent after the first 15 minutes of class. If your student is out of class at any time during the day, please make sure your student turns in a note to the attendance office. Students have 3 days upon returning to school to turn in their excuse note. Students are allowed a total of 9 absences within a 6 month period per class. If an emergency arises, please stop by the attendance office or contact your grade level principal. A note signed by the student, even with the parent’s permission, will not be accepted unless the student is self-enrolled.
Warning letters will be sent home when your student reaches their 3rd, and 7th absence. On the 10th absence, your student will be filed on with the Truancy Court. You will receive notification from the court when you have been filed on asking you to appear in front of a judge to explain your student’s excessive absences.
Documents for excused absences (not filed in court) are as follows:
- Doctor’s excuse note with the date of appointment: Doctor’s notes are not to be altered in any way. These are legal documents with your doctor’s signature. Please do not change the dates. The doctor’s office can file charges on you for altered notes, as well as notes that are stolen from their office.
- Doctor’s receipt: A receipt from the doctor’s office will be accepted if it has the student’s name and date of visit.
- Court paper documents showing that your student appeared in court.
- College visits for 11th and 12th graders (2 per year): Pick up a pre-approved college visit form from the attendance office. While visiting the college, you must secure documentation (Example: letterhead) to verify the visit. Within two days of returning to school, submit the completed pre-approved college visit form and verification of visit documentation to the attendance office.
- Calendar of religious holidays: Excuse note must be on letterhead from the organization.
- Funerals: You will need to turn in a funeral program from the funeral service to the attendance office. Please inform your principal prior to your absence if you will be out for a period of time so that arrangements can be made. Only one absence will be excused for local funerals and three for out-of-town funerals.
Prearranged absences: If you know in advance which days you will be absent, please stop by the front office to pick up a prearranged absence form. This form needs to be signed by each of your teachers and turned in to the attendance office prior to your absence. These absences will still count toward your attendance record and exemptions. This procedure gives your teacher advance notice of why you will be absent.
Make-up hours: Make-up hours are required on the student’s 4th absence per class for 1st semester and on the student's 5th absence per class for 2nd semester. Your student will not receive credit at the end of each semester unless they have completed hours owed. If you have any questions about your Pflugerville High school student's attendance, please email Marisol Pena or call 512 594-0523.What is the Tardy Policy?If a student is tardy, ie late within 15 minutes of start of each class, students are to report to the Attendance window with their ID's in order to recieve a pass to class. PHS uses a system called the Tardy Calculator which tracks the number of tardies and issues consequences after the third tardy.Tardy Consequences: 1st and 2nd Tardy issues a Warning3rd and 4th Tardy issues an After School Detention5th Tardy issues a Saturday Detention6th and thereon issues a In School SuspensionMake Up Hours:
Make-up hours are required on the student’s 5th absence per class (including excused absences with a parent/medical note) for 1st semester and on the student's 6th absence per class (including excused absence with a parent/medical note) for 2nd semester. Your student will not receive credit at the end of each semester unless they have completed hours owed. If you have any questions about your Pflugerville High school student's make up hours, please email Marisol Peña at Marisol.Pena@pfisd.net or call 512-594-0523.