Employee Voluntary Transfer Procedures
2020-21 School Year
(Updated April 2020)
Voluntary Employee Transfer Requirements
- Transfers are defined as employee movements to like positions (e.g., teacher to teacher, educational associate to educational associate, registrar to registrar). Any position movement that requires a salary increase or decrease is not considered a transfer.
- Effective with the 2020-2021, PfISD employees will be allowed to transfer year-round with the exception of August 1st- October 1st.
- Transfers that occur from one school year to the next will only be considered if the employee receives an employment contract or a letter of assurance for the upcoming school year.
- Any staff member identified with performance concerns during the current and/or previous school year may not be considered for transfer. Both the sending and receiving principal must approve of an employee in this situation.
- Prior to applying for positions, employees must notify their current campus principal in writing or through email communication.
- The employee must complete the application for positions in which they are interested on Frontline Applicant Tracking (formerly AppliTrack).
- Requesting a transfer does not guarantee that a change in assignment or an interview will occur.
- Employee transfers will be approved when a suitable replacement is secured.
- Employees involuntarily reassigned earlier this school year will have the first opportunity to transfer back to the sending campus.
Voluntary Employee Transfer Process Information for Administrators
- Employee can apply for transfers positions all school year long. Transfer will not be considered or processed from August 1st – October 1st annually.
- Principals with vacancies will review applications and will contact applicants who meet their screening criteria for interviews.
- Prior to submitting a recommendation in the Online Employee Management System (OEMS), the receiving principal will contact the current principal to communicate the intent to hire.
- Human Resources will process personnel changes in assignment and campuses.
- Employee transfers in hard to fill areas (i.e. Bilingual, Math, Science, Special Ed, etc.) will be closely monitored by Human Resources and Area Supervisors to assure that no single campus loses excessive staff in these areas.