PHS Financial Aid Events -
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) will be available beginning October 1st, 2019. As such, October is Financial Aid month.
We do encourage that PHS Seniors complete all available college applications and either a FAFSA or TASFA (you will only complete one) by October 31st, 2019. This will give your senior the best financial package possible. Therefore, PHS is proud to present four events during the month of October to assist your family with the Financial Aid Process. They are listed below.
Financial Aid Presentation – This presentation will be offered on October 8th, 2019 in the Pflugerville High School Lecture Hall from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. A Financial Aid Director from a local University will detail the entire Financial Aid and Scholarship Process. This event is open to ALL PHS students and families. There is no registration needed for this event.
Financial Aid Workshop – We will offer three workshops during the month of October. During these events, Financial Aid experts will be on hand to assist your family with filling out the FAFSA or TASFA. These events are open to member of the 2020 graduating class and their families only.
- October 11th, 2019 (1:00 – 4:00 PM) – PHS Library
- October 12th, 2019 (8:30 – 12:30 PM) – PHS Library
- October 22nd, 2019 (6:30 – 8:30 PM) – PHS Library
If you plan to attend one of our Pflugerville High School Financial Aid Workshops, please register by visiting http://www.collegeinsight.com. I am aware that October 11th is not listed yet. Please register for the 12th if you would like to attend either the 11th or the 12th. I am also aware that the time listed for October 22nd on the website has not been fixed to reflect 6:30 – 8:30. It should be fixed shortly.
Click HERE to see documents for information regarding the events and what items you should bring.
If your family registers for one of the Financial Aid Workshops (you are welcome to attend any event across the city) and completes the steps below; you will be entered to win amazing prizes (there are quite a few – drawings begin next week). These include ACL Tickets! I would encourage you to register and complete these steps as soon as possible.
- Sign up for a free FAFSA College Insight financial aid event at www.CollegeInsight.com Note: The event can be on the student’s campus or another campus convenient for students/parents.
- [On Instagram:] Follow @AustinChamber on Instagram. [On Twitter:] Follow @austinchamber on Twitter.
- [On Instagram:] Comment on the Chamber’s contest post with the name of your high school campus and tag three friends in your graduating class. [On Twitter Rule:] Reply to the Chamber’s contest tweet (pinned) with the name of your school and @mention three friends in your graduating class.
- Include #FAFSA2ACLF1 in the above comment or tweet